Free Jabber/XMPP server
Oct. 10, 2014, 1:29 p.m. by matiWe are proud to announce that we now serve yes another hostname. jabber.zone. You can register on register.jabber.zone. ... read more
Sept. 14, 2014, 12:46 p.m. by matiWe are proud to announce that we now also serve another hostname. jabber.wien. You can register on register.jabber.wien. ... read more
Aug. 30, 2014, 10:02 a.m. by matiOur TLS certificates for jabber.at and jabber.fsinf.at expire on September 5th, 2014. New certificates are created and will be deployed on Monday, September 1st, 2014. Checksums for all certificates are provided here in case you want to verify the validity of the new certificates:
jabber.at (via Jabber/XMPP).
- md5: 1C:C4:A2:72:8A:7F:49:E5:1C:B9:CB:DB:03:64:28:AC
- sha1: F0:00:FC:8F:9E:DB:CF:D2:CB:F0:3E:BE:C0:69:A5:92:8E:23:39:7B
- sha256: C8:AF:DD:00:38:1E:13:BD:00:0C:28:CE:13:CE:27:28:41:17:A0:1B:92:CF:19:8D:2F:64:C5:C6:E7:4C:36:E0
- sha512: 0A:E8:B0:8F:45:7B:80:13:09:0C:F7:11:8A:D4:54:66:77:A0:80:0A:42:03:D0:7D:AA:C5:38:52:CC:BE:60:E3: 4E:57:8F:E4:BB:E7:E4:76:F1:B0:5A:0C:BE:07:12:56:F1:0C:F5:1E:8D:91:ED:A7:0E:2F:F8:EA:DB:19:7E:C2
jabber.at (via HTTPS).
- md5: 1A:7A:73:3A:06:22:F5:B5:C5:33:15:B8:B8:86:EF:37
- sha1: 52:87:17:52:03:3F:13:35:42:6B:D8:35:FB:C6:A2:59:83:7F:9A:7A
- sha256: B0:63:55:97:F3:BE:14:7C:D5:E6:86:FB:87:F7:DB:65:C8:93:1A:50:BC:65:99:71:CA:E6:1D:70:F9:F5:8F:5B
- sha512: D2:12:0C:C9:69:D4:74:E1:51:8E:9D:62:DB:9A:8A:44:00:71:17:59:D7:B7:21:81:A7:B5:2A:62:53:E0:4C:89: 91:7B:7F:B3:6C:BD:87:4F:E8:81:47:4D:21:DA:5D:2B:A8:54:D3:56:40:00:8D:4A:8C:C3:10:FD:23:A8:5A:B2
- jabber.fsinf.at (via Jabber/XMPP and HTTPS).
July 20, 2014, 10:09 a.m. by matiOur Webchat is finally back online, so you can again use jabber.at from your browser. We now use Jappix instead of the old, unmaintained JWChat. The new URL is https://webchat.jabber.at. Our Jappix installation probably still has a few rough edges, please forgive us any problems. ... read more
July 11, 2014, 8:07 p.m. by mati
We just updated our statement regarding how we handle your privacy. The changes are.
- Clarification that HTTPS connections are logged for a limited amount of time.
July 2, 2014, 5:43 p.m. by matiSince our upgrade last Saturday, we're seeing a decreased number (about 10% less) of connections. It might be related to our local summer holidays, but we're trying to find out if there are users that have trouble connecting to jabber.at. If you can't connect, please contact us right away!. ... read more
June 27, 2014, 7:08 p.m. by matiUpdate. The update is finally done. In total, we were less then five minutes where our server was unavailable. ... read more
May 11, 2014, 5:08 p.m. by matiOur operating system was updated and jabber.at now runs on Debian Stable. Unfortunately the update did not go as smoothly as planned. We were unavailable for almost two hours and are still not finished. ... read more
April 29, 2014, 6:31 p.m. by matiOn May 10, 2014, we will be replacing our current Ubuntu 12.04 operating system installation with Debian. We have become more and more disatisfied with Ubuntu as a server operating system and are slowly switching all our servers. At the same time, we will also use the opportunity to do a major ejabberd upgrade. The new version has a different configuration format, so the switch is not as straightforward as usual. ... read more
Nov. 18, 2013, 12:39 p.m. by mati
Support for HTTP Polling will end with January 1st, 2014. HTTP Polling is an old technology used to connect either via a webclient or from a normal client to circumvent a firewall. If neither applies to you, you can ignore this message. We of course still support XMPP Over BOSH, the much more sophisticated successor.... read more