Free Jabber/XMPP server
Feb. 25, 2015, 8:33 p.m. by mati
We will make a few updates to jabber.at (and jabber.zone/jabber.wien/xmpp.zone). Each change will be separately announced, but we are announcing them here in advance so you have a chance to comment (either below, via Twitter or on Facebook).
- We will soon require users to register via account.jabber.at and disable In-Band Registration (meaning registration from within the client).
Dec. 23, 2014, 10:31 p.m. by matiUpdate. Registration works again. We had a few troubles these paste few days as mentioned on twitter and Facebook already. We took a reboot as a chance to upgrade ejabberd to version 14.12. ... read more
Dec. 12, 2014, 10:06 a.m. by matiWe have just enabled an additional SRV record that enables jabber.at users to connect via port 443 (what HTTPS typically uses). This should greatly improve connectivity if you are behind a restrictive firewall that blocks "non-standard" ports like port 5222 that Jabber/XMPP uses. We will enable this in a day or so for all other domains as well. ... read more
Nov. 24, 2014, 7:24 p.m. by matiSine November 15, we have received only a single complaint from a user that was no longer able to connect to our server and this user wasn't able to name the client. So we've decided that DIGEST-MD5 is gone for good. We will not enable it again. This means that we will enable SCRAM-SHA1 password storage on Saturday, November 29. From then on, all passwords will no longer be stored as clear text passwords!. ... read more
Nov. 11, 2014, 11:53 a.m. by matiWe will disable DIGEST-MD5 for all our domains on Saturday, November 15. DIGEST-MD5 is an old insecure authentication mechanism and the reason we still store passwords in plain text. We don't really know how many users might be affected, so please contact us if you have any problems connecting on or after November 15. We consider this step a trial-run and might enable DIGEST-MD5 again if to many users report (unfixeable) problems. Technical background. DIGEST-MD5 is the original SASL authentication mechanism in the Jabber protocol. ... read more
Oct. 19, 2014, 7:45 a.m. by matiThis homepage has been updated to Drupal 7. We are sure there will be some problems. If you find any, please report them in our multi-user chat. ... read more
Oct. 10, 2014, 1:29 p.m. by matiWe are proud to announce that we now serve yes another hostname. jabber.zone. You can register on register.jabber.zone. ... read more
Sept. 14, 2014, 12:46 p.m. by matiWe are proud to announce that we now also serve another hostname. jabber.wien. You can register on register.jabber.wien. ... read more
Aug. 30, 2014, 10:02 a.m. by matiOur TLS certificates for jabber.at and jabber.fsinf.at expire on September 5th, 2014. New certificates are created and will be deployed on Monday, September 1st, 2014. Checksums for all certificates are provided here in case you want to verify the validity of the new certificates:
jabber.at (via Jabber/XMPP).
- md5: 1C:C4:A2:72:8A:7F:49:E5:1C:B9:CB:DB:03:64:28:AC
- sha1: F0:00:FC:8F:9E:DB:CF:D2:CB:F0:3E:BE:C0:69:A5:92:8E:23:39:7B
- sha256: C8:AF:DD:00:38:1E:13:BD:00:0C:28:CE:13:CE:27:28:41:17:A0:1B:92:CF:19:8D:2F:64:C5:C6:E7:4C:36:E0
- sha512: 0A:E8:B0:8F:45:7B:80:13:09:0C:F7:11:8A:D4:54:66:77:A0:80:0A:42:03:D0:7D:AA:C5:38:52:CC:BE:60:E3: 4E:57:8F:E4:BB:E7:E4:76:F1:B0:5A:0C:BE:07:12:56:F1:0C:F5:1E:8D:91:ED:A7:0E:2F:F8:EA:DB:19:7E:C2
jabber.at (via HTTPS).
- md5: 1A:7A:73:3A:06:22:F5:B5:C5:33:15:B8:B8:86:EF:37
- sha1: 52:87:17:52:03:3F:13:35:42:6B:D8:35:FB:C6:A2:59:83:7F:9A:7A
- sha256: B0:63:55:97:F3:BE:14:7C:D5:E6:86:FB:87:F7:DB:65:C8:93:1A:50:BC:65:99:71:CA:E6:1D:70:F9:F5:8F:5B
- sha512: D2:12:0C:C9:69:D4:74:E1:51:8E:9D:62:DB:9A:8A:44:00:71:17:59:D7:B7:21:81:A7:B5:2A:62:53:E0:4C:89: 91:7B:7F:B3:6C:BD:87:4F:E8:81:47:4D:21:DA:5D:2B:A8:54:D3:56:40:00:8D:4A:8C:C3:10:FD:23:A8:5A:B2
- jabber.fsinf.at (via Jabber/XMPP and HTTPS).
July 20, 2014, 10:09 a.m. by matiOur Webchat is finally back online, so you can again use jabber.at from your browser. We now use Jappix instead of the old, unmaintained JWChat. The new URL is https://webchat.jabber.at. Our Jappix installation probably still has a few rough edges, please forgive us any problems. ... read more