New anti-abuse measures on our server
Dec. 2, 2011, 5:50 p.m. by matiThanks to recent events, we are forced to enable aggressive new anti-SPAM measures. The following measures will become active on Sunday evening:
- In-Band registration (that is, registration via your client) already requires a CAPTCHA. If your client does not support this, you will be presented with an URL where you can view the CAPTCHA once. If this does not work for you, our web-registration is still available.
- Multi-user chats ("chatrooms") can only be created by jabber.at users. Users with accounts on other servers can still join existing rooms.
- The number of messages in multi-user chats will be limited to one message per second.
- The number of status updates will be limited to one update every three seconds.
- If you use our log service for multi-user chats, any links will no longer be indexed by search-engines..
- Registration from the same IP address is only possible once per hour.